Now that the televisions have been rounded up and “TV Santa Claus,” as the neighbors so cleverly dubbed the prankster, has been deemed harmless, we have a few questions — ten, actually.
- Let’s start broad. Why’d you do it?
- Do you work alone? Police believe there are at least two of you.
- Why the old clunkers? The cost of flat-screens has come down.
- Is this a statement against cord cutting and streaming?
- Can you tell us about your inspiration? As one homeowner said, “It was very Twilight Zone.”
- How do you feel about the nickname you’ve been given: TV Santa Claus?
- Were you involved in the similar shenanigans last year, when TVs appeared on doorsteps in Glen Allen, Virginia?
- Is this a senior prank or a way to impress your new college friends?
- Did you intend to bring a flicker of joy to news typically dominated by doom?
- Will we see you again?
Okay, I know we said ten questions, but on behalf of a Twitter user, we have to ask: are those your eggs?
those are his eggs https://t.co/M1Q3mhUxKb
— zara tustra (@zarawesome) August 13, 2019